With the New Year comes new opportunity to travel for business or pleasure. Here are some of our favorite travel-themed life hacks to get you there cheaper, faster, smarter and more comfortably:
- Avoid airport pickup hassles by taking a free shuttle to a
- Try asking for an upgraded room at check in. Chances are
there's a nicer room than yours sitting empty, so why not enjoy it? Consumer
Reports recently published that while only 28% of the survey’s respondents ask
for upgrades, 78% got what they asked for! Even if you don’t get an upgrade,
you might get free wifi or other perks.
- Always pack a power strip. It comes in handy when you’re
waiting around in an airport and when your hotel room hides all the outlets
behind the headboard.
- If you’re traveling for a special occasion, always let the
hotel know in advance. They might have special packages available or they might
make a small gesture to make your special trip even better.
- Consult SeatGuru to see if your plane offers outlets: http://www.seatguru.com/articles/in-seat_laptop_power.php
- Save a good quality image or scan of your passport, driver’s
license and boarding pass… just in case…
- Change your attitude about the airport. It doesn't have to
be so painful! Go have a drink, find an ice cream, discover a new book, or scout
out the observation lounge. Just don’t miss your flight.
- If you’re checking bags, mark your luggage fragile, that way
your baggage is more likely to be on top and the first one out.
- Watch this video for 11 packing hacks http://lifehacker.com/this-video-shows-11-travel-hacks-for-packing-more-effic-1450811321
- Mount your tablet to the seat back in front of you using the headrest Velcro: http://www.instructables.com/id/Tablet-airplane-seat-mount/